Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Poptropica Adventures



Thank you to Ubisoft for sponsoring this post. Please click here to learn more about Ubisoft. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. #UbiChamps

  You guys? This looks like a kids game, but it's hard! Maybe smart kids can get it, but I actually had a hard time.

  The game starts out with you creating a character, which is The Toddlers favorite part because he likes to make all these goofy characters that apparently look “just like Mommy”.  Okay.  Once you make your guy (or gal) you have a short little tutorial in the museum that you are trying to “save”. The curator explains that when you help out the people on the islands you get artifacts to bring back to the museum and bam! The people will come. Makes sense right?

The Toddler Potter playing Poptropica Adventures 
  From the museum you get to pick which island you go to. I picked the Greek island. It’s pretty cool, especially if you’re into mythology. There you meet up with Hermes (he’s the mailman for the God’s BTW) and since he lost his hat you have to help him deliver his letters.  In order to get to the God you need to deliver to you have to do all sorts of little tasks to get to their thrones. I will fully admit that I am stuck in this one; I can’t find one of Artemis’s arrows. I swear I have looked all over the damn island but I’m missing something. Boo hiss.

  My other favorite was the Super Power Island. In this one you are trying to recover comics that were stolen from the comic shop, you do some mazes and other little mini games to get the comics back to the shop. This level was pretty easy for The Toddler too.



  Guys, I think this is a great game. I’m def going to look into the other ones. I thought it would be a little more kid friendly and aimed more at the younger crowd due to the cartoony look of it. But some of it is hard! Or maybe I am just dumb haha.

  If you are interested in picking up Poptropica Adventures it is available for the Nintendo DS on both Amazon and Toys R Us. It would make a great stocking stuffer! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment